Ayrshire Bridal Cars is fully committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We use your personal data for multiple reasons, from understanding how users engage with our website, to informing our marketing and advertising. This allows us to publish the content you are viewing on this site.
The reasons why we collect your data are :
- To show you products or information that is relevant to you, and to improve your user experience.
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as newsletters etc.
- To carry our marketing analysis and send you communications when we have your permission or when permitted by law.
- To allow us to show advertising on our site.
How we protect your privacy, and what this policy covers :
- Information about your rights and our obligations
- Cleary show how we collect and use your personal data
- Commitments on how we protect your personal data
- Commitments on how we facilitate your rights, as well as responding to your questions.
Personal data is information about you in which you can be identified.
This can include information such as the following :
- Your name, data of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number.
- Information about your device such as IP address.
- Information relating to your personal circumstances and how you engage with our site.
Who we are and how you can contact us :
The data controller for this site is Mr Nick Hand of Ayrshire Bridal Cars. This means we are responsible for deciding how, why we hold, and use your personal data. If you want to contact us you can find our contact details on our Contact Us page.
What personal data we collect and how we intend to use it :
We collect data when you sign up for our services and when you browse our site. This information is used to provide our services, advertising and analyze how visitors engage with our website.
When you sign up with our site, we collect the following personal data :
- Your name
- Your email address
- Job title
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other relevant personal information
- Your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based.
- Your browsing history of the content you have visited on our site, including information on how you were referred to our site via a third party website.
- Details of your device, such as unique device ID, unique advertising ID and browsers used to access our content.
We will not collect special categories of data – such as information about your race, political opinions, religion, health or sexual orientation – unless you have chosen to provide information to us.
How we collect personal data :
We collect your personal data when :
- Purchase any of our products or services.
- Enter our competitions/surveys.
- Sign up to our Newsletters.
- Use mobile devices to access our content.
- Access for our sites, through cookies and other similar technology; and
- When you contact us via email, social media, or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media.
Why we use your personal data :
We use personal data collected through our site for a number of purposes, including the following :
- To provide the services which you signed up for, such as newsletters. We use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To send marketing communications when we have your permission / or permitted by law.
- To carry out marketing analysis, for example we look at what you have engaged with on our site, and what products or services you have bought on our site. You can opt out from having your personal data used for analysis by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To improve our marketing communications, we use similar technology to cookies to confirm whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email.
- For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our site and to understand how visitors use them.
- To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints.
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so.
We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Consent : Where you provided explicit consent to receive marketing emails from us. Keep in mind, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our interests : Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers/clients, promote our services and operation of our website.
- Compliance with law : In some special cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep you personal data.
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver your purchase.
Using children’s personal data :
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13. Some of our services may have higher age restriction and this will be shown at the point of registration.
How long we keep your personal data :
How we may contact you :
On the very odd occasion we may send you service emails, for example thanking you for purchasing our product or thank you for placing an enquiry.
If, and only IF we have your consent, we may send you materials we think are of interest to you, such as newsletters and updates. Depending on your preferences this may be via email, phone, sms, or post. Again, you can opt out at any time.
Cookies and similar technology :
When you visit our site, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
Online Advertising :
We use personalised online advertising on our sites. This allows us to deliver more relevant advertising to people who visit our website. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have engaged with our site. It then shows you adverts which we believe may interest you.
Advertising that we may place on our site and others :
We also use personalised online advertising to promote our own products and services. This means that you may see advertising for our products and services on our sites and when you are on other, third party websites, including social media platforms.
Requesting your personal information :
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our data controller.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.